Friday, November 19, 2010

I Love my Mailman and His Packages!

Yes I do! 
Especially the big squishy ones!
I received two in the mail this week!

The first contained my much-awaited I-Spy squares!
SQUEE! (picture me doing a little happy dance)
Thanks so much to Care over at her blog Obsessively Stitching  , for all her hard work organizing this I-Spy extravaganza and and all the participants for sending such amazing fabrics!
You guys ROCK!
 here is a pic of most of the bundle all laid out so I could admire it 
please pretend you don't notice the dirty carpet 
or my god-awful lighting
or my inability to get all the squares in the frame
 
There was SOOO much fabulous Boy fabric in this bundle, I was over the moon!  My little guy will soon be cuddling with his own I-spy blanket!
The girl fabric was adorable too, and I am loads closer to enough for another blanket.
I think I've decided to start collecting for a Hawaii/beach/summer/ocean themed I-Spy for my youngest girl since she was my Hawaii-born baby. There were some fantastic ones in this collection to start me off .

And then today I received this from Fabricworm
 I was beyond excited! I had just received the email that it had shipped (though I had ordered it a few days before) and a couple of hours later I had it in my hands!
It is a custom bundle called "Walk in the Woods". Isn't it just gorgeous?!!!
I am using these for the Urban Lattice quilt-a-long that Cara (a fellow slmqg member and all around amazing quilter and mom) is hosting on her blog,  Me?A Mom?.
I was really glad I waited to receive the fabric to choose my two main quilt fabrics, because I thought the two fabrics on the left were a burgundy color and they are actually much more brown. (a good thing!)
I am still debating what colors to use for the strips and the main color of the quilt. I may go easy and just go with the Taupe Robert Kaufman Quilter's Linen (second from the end on the right) for the strips and the Kona Coal (on the end) for the main fabric. They really do look lovely! I just need an additional 1/2 yd of the taupe and lots of the Coal and figure out the backing part.

No comments: